Confirm your bid
Bulloch Lade Extra Special Gold Label Bottled 1920s-1930s 5cl
A miniature bottle of Bulloch Lade's Extra Special Gold Label Scotch Whisky, sealed with a driven cork. This was produced by Bulloch Lade & Co., Distillers from Pure Malt Only, Glasgow and London. We estimate this was bottled in the 1920s to 1930s.
Please note, there is no size or ABV stated on the labels.
This bottle is from a large collection of miniatures purchased by the seller at an auction in 1979. The collection is mainly comprised of blended Scotch whiskies and single malts bottled in the first half of the 20th century.
Bulloch Lade & Co. was founded in 1830 and became a major whisky blender and distillery owner by the end of the century. The Glasgow-based blender was owner of Loch Katrine distillery, Glasgow, and Benmore Distillery, Campbeltown, as well as Caol Ila distillery on the Isle of Islay, which it owned from 1880 to 1920 when the company went into voluntary liquidation. Bulloch Lade became part of Distillers Company Limited in 1927, a purchase which included many of the Bulloch Lade brands and almost 1.5 million gallons of maturing whisky.
Please see images for fill level and label condition. Note wear to the labels and capsule. This bottle has a low fill level, approximately 1cm below the top of the label.
Note the absence of a condition statement does not imply that this lot is in perfect condition or free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of ageing. Older bottles often contain small amounts of sediment. We cannot guarantee that the contents of this bottle will be free from the effects of age, cork taint, oxidation or other faults.
This bottle does not appear to be leaking. While we take every care to pack bottles securely we cannot guarantee that old corks and closures will not leak in transit.