Whether or not you're familiar with buying and selling on auction websites, our User Guide is designed to make the process of buying and selling spirits as easy as possible for you. We're also on-hand to guide you through and provide advice, so please do let us know if you would like help.
- We are a London based team of experts with years of experience in the whisky industry, with access to a huge archive of bottles and contacts
- We offer free UK insurance and low shipping costs
- We're happy to give free valuations and advice on your whiskies and fine spirits
- You're likely to achieve a higher price selling on Whisky.Auction than selling via a specialist retailer
- We're a great place to buy old and rare whisky, often for lower prices than via whisky shops.
- We run a monthly live auction; each auction runs for ten days
- In each auction we will list items received and accepted before the cut-off time indicated below
- Dates for our auctions are as follows:
HOW TO BUY SPIRITS AT AUCTION
- See our TOP 10 BUYING TIPS
HOW TO SELL SPIRITS AT AUCTION
- See our TOP 10 SELLING TIPS
HOW TO SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT
- We offer free valuations and advice for your old and rare bottles
- We also offer valuation reports for insurance purposes, if you're looking to insure precious whiskies or fine spirits.
- If there's something you unsure of, head over to our FAQs page and you should find the answer to your question.
- Don't know your bidder from your buyer? Hung up on hammer prices? Our Glossary will explain the key terms you need to know.
BOTTLE FILL LEVEL GUIDE LINE
- We always try to indicate the fill level of whisky or spirit inside old and rare bottles
Please see the diagram below for a guide to the most commonly used fill-level terms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Not as exciting as bidding on something that's caught your eye, we grant you, but essential nevertheless. Here is the small print about buying and selling on Whisky.Auction.