Brand Development Executive
Overall Objective of Role
The fundamental objective of this role is to work with management and the auction team to grow the reputation, and develop the brand identity and sales through Whisky.Auction across the globe. This will be through the development of communication, marketing and sales tools and activations, and ensuring that all partners - internal and external - have everything they need to maximise the performance of Whisky.Auction in our key markets of UK, Europe, USA and Asia.
We are looking to recruit a Brand Development Executive to help us develop the tools and marketing support to drive this growth. This is a new role in a fast growing business and there is considerable scope for career development.
This role will report directly into the Whisky.Auction Director, Isabel Graham-Yooll, but will involve working closely with the Head of Marketing and the central Marketing team. The role will be based at our head office at Park Royal in London, but will involve some travel including attending events and supporting customers where necessary.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the projects, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our client base. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
- Whisky.Auction Director
- Whisky.Auction Manager
- Whisky.Auction team
- Photography team
- Marketing & PR team
- Creative team
- Technical team
- Editorial team
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Whisky.Auction Director and Marketing team to agree and execute brand objectives and plans, centrally and for each key market.
- Agree an annual calendar of activity with the Manager and help execute our brand objectives, engaging our customers through innovative and informative activations.
- Create a programme of communications aimed at increasing loyalty, attracting new customers and securing the finest selection of auction lots in the industry
- Organise, monitor and optimise all email campaigns for each auction.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop a digital marketing strategy around SEO, PPC and social media in line with business objectives.
- Act as the link between the marketing, sales and operations teams to grow the brand and maximise sales.
- Help develop marketing activities for the Whisky.Auction brand, including partnerships
- Develop new promotional material and merchandise that can be used to promote the brand in markets around the world.
- Monitor, develop and update the Whisky.Auction website and social media accounts
- Support consumer and trade shows and events in-market where required
- Work with the PR team to develop campaigns to maximise press coverage of the brand.
- Liaise with Editorial and Marketing departments to help create a consistent, coordinated, multi-channel approach to all campaigns across web, email, social media and PR
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organised and a highly effective project and time manager
- Methodical with an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to plan and execute projects to meet required deadlines, while remaining calm under pressure
- Customer focused
- Customer-facing experience
- Skilled in working collaboratively across a wide range of different colleagues and disciplines, to achieve objectives with consensus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a positive, pro-active, can-do attitude.
- Experience in marketing, or a proven flair for this area
- Equally at home working independently or as part of a team
- IT skills: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
- Marketing knowledge and experience – digital, PPC, SEO and social media – is a distinct advantage
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of the whisky and premium spirits business
- Strong creativity and an eye for design
Qualifications and Experience
- At least three years’ experience working in a sales, retail or marketing role
- Experience in the premium drinks industry a distinct advantage
- Good whisky and spirits knowledge
- IT literate: Excel and Word
- Verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Flexible, reliable and hardworking
- Able to communicate well with others and strong interpersonal skills
- Commercially astute
- Presentable and professional at all times.
- Outstanding customer service skills
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee, and to meet our safety standards:
- Manual handling
- In-house systems
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Act in accordance with the relevant Health & Safety policies and procedures, adhering to legislative compliance and company requirements.
Job Ref: WA7
Date Posted: 24-01-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Competetive Apply