Whisky Auction Administrator
Overall Objective of Role
We are recruiting for an administrator to assist the Whisky.Auction Manager and work alongside the Whisky.Auction team to provide excellent administration support, whilst ensuring clients and customers receive the very best customer service.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of the normal working hours, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our client base.
The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- check items for damage and fitness for sale
- catalogue bottles and accessories when they are received
- meet customers in person to receive or sell bottles and accessories
- process shipments in line with export regulations
- process orders when the auction has closed
Key skills and Knowledge
- excellent written English and descriptive skills
- ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Excellent organisational & planning skills in order to meet required deadlines, ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrate a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude.
- excellent administrative skills
- high level of numeracy
- IT skills; Microsoft office: word, excel, email
- accurate and detail-conscious
- enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Works well as part of a team
- Whisky or premium spirits experience from retail or similar
- A passion for fine, old and rare spirits
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee and to meet our safety standards:
- Manual handling
- Other in-house training as required conducted on an ongoing basis.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Act in accordance with the relevant Health & Safety policies and procedures, adhering to legislative compliance and company requirements.
Job Ref: WA6
Date Posted: 22-01-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £18K-£20K Apply